SACRAMENTO (July 30, 2018) — Sacramento Steps Forward (SSF) released a Request for Proposals today seeking a qualified organization to assist with Sacramento’s 2019 Homeless Point-in-Time (PIT) Count. Final proposals are due at 2 p.m. on Aug. 31. SSF plans to conduct the PIT on the evening of Jan. 30, 2019.
The biennial PIT count is a county-wide census of people experiencing homelessness. It provides a snapshot of who is homeless on a single night. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Develop requires local communities to conduct this census every two years as a condition of receiving federal funding for their Homeless Continuum of Care, for which Sacramento Steps Forward is the lead agency.
Key project objectives include:
- Statistical model and methodologies used to calculate the numerical estimates and demographic characteristics of homeless people;
- Review Unsheltered Demographic Survey tools;
- Data analyses, including unsheltered population and subpopulation estimates based upon Count and survey results;
- Communication strategy to effectively communicate and summarize key Count findings; and
- A methodology report (i.e. white paper) summarizing methodologies as they pertain to the determination of findings.
- Develop large canvassing area maps for planning purposes and small subsequent block group maps for volunteers.
About Sacramento Steps Forward
Sacramento Steps Forward is a nonprofit committed to ending homelessness in our region through collaboration, innovation, and connecting people to services. Walking side-by-side with our partners, we seek to provide people experiencing homelessness with the support and services they need to find stability and long-term housing.