- YHDP: Youth Homeless Demonstration Project
- YAB: Youth Action Board (the decision makers)
- SSF: Sacramento Steps Forward (the lead agency)
- CoC: Continuum of Care (led by SSF, a consortium of agencies that provide
Eligible Projects for YHDP Funding:
- PSH: Permanent Supported Housing (a person can stay as long as they need and want)
- RRH: Rapid Rehousing (up to a 2 year stay in housing)
- TH -> RRH (Start with transitional housing in a group setting move to RRH, up to a 2 year stay)
- SSO: Supportive Services Only (including but not limited to projects dedicated to coordinated entry, housing search and placement services, case management, drop-in centers, legal services, education and employment, or street outreach)
- Host Homes: A community-driven housing program that pairs youth, typically 18-24, with a host who has an extra room in their home
From now until April our community will engage in a process to develop gaps and needs culminating in the CCP. Though this is currently a fluid plan, this is what we expect for structure and time commitment.
YAB: There will be weekly meetings of the YAB to also identify gaps, needs, and dream. Any youth or young adult is welcome to join the YAB to have a voice in this process. HUD is clear that the final decisions about the program types that will be included in the CCP and funded with YHDP will be guided and determined by the YAB.
Planning Team: There will be a twice-monthly convening of all partners who have a stake in housing and/or working with homeless youth and young adults. The purpose of the stakeholder’s meeting is to identify gaps, needs, and to dream a little bit about what we could do with this funding. Stakeholders will be asked to share their data about the numbers and demographics of the youth they serve, if this information is available.
Core Adult Team: Our community will identify a small core team that will set agendas and send invitations to partners. Meet once a week.
- Coordinated Community Plan is due on April 24, 2023.
- Final projects will be due to HUD on July 1, 2023.
- Projects will tentatively start Fall 2023.
April 28, 2023
Optional RFP Informational Session
May 2, 2023 3:30-5:00 PT
RFP Questions Accepted Continuous
April 25 – RFP@Sacstepsforward.org
RFP Answers & Clarifications Published Weekly
Proposals Due Date
No Later Than Thursday, May 18
at 5:00 pm Pacific Time
Proposals Threshold Review
May 19, 2023
Review Panel Independent & Group Review
May 19-22, 2023
Interviews with Finalists
May 23, 2023
Review Panel Meeting
Notification of Preliminary Awardees
June 1, 2023
June 2-6, 2023
Applicants enter applications into e-snaps
June 13-20, 2023
SSF Review of e-snaps applications
June 21-28, 2023
Applications due to HUD
June 30, 2023
*The timeline will be updated as we move the YHDP process to include RFP and application timelines
Jesse Archer (he/him), CoC Analyst – Please reach out to Jesse for general inquires